Relocation is a complicated exercise in coordination. We get local Calgary home sellers calling us or submitting their house info on this website every week saying “I’m relocating and need to sell my house in Calgary“. The great thing is that we’re able to help a good many of those sellers sell their house quickly (because we’re actively buying houses in Calgary Alberta right now!).
There’s alot of details to keep together, plus the stress of whatever is making you move in the first place – often it’s a new job or a sick relative, but the true need to move always comes with a dramatic change.
So how do you make the most out of a difficult situation?
Don’t Agonize – Organize.
You don’t want to be in a situation where you end up paying to own and maintain a vacant house for 1+ years. That gets expensive and it doesn’t have to be that way.
Thankfully the market is relatively stable right now in Calgary and Alberta in general, but things can change in the blink of an eye. We’ve heard some serious horror stories over the past few years. First, thoroughly check your expenses on the property, then get specific information about the market for properties likes yours in your community today. Its best to know your options for either renting it out, or getting the home sold before you are forced to make a hasty decision. We can help you get the market information today.
So how do you make the right choices when you’re relocating and need to sell your Calgary house fast?
Relocating And Need To Sell My House Fast In Calgary… Your Options And Steps
- Find out what your house is worth: To do this you can contact a reputable real estate agent or connect with us and we can give you a no cost no obligation valuation on your property. Once you know what the house may be able to sell for in the current market… that sets the basis for how long you may or may not be able / willing to sell the house.
- Decide how fast you need to sell your house after you relocate: This is a biggie. I’ve seen professionals who moved out of province for a job who had their house on the market for over a year before selling it for a much much lower price than they hoped. Decide how fast you need to sell your house… In Calgary it can be between 2-12 months for houses to sell depending on the community, type of home, and price point. How long are you’re willing/able to make 2 mortgage payments, insurance payments, etc.
- Find a solid real estate agent BEFORE you start packing boxes: Get the ball rolling early so you don’t waste any time. Every month that you wait or every month that it takes to sell the house… costs you money. If you cant or don’t want to use a real estate agent to sell… we are also, and represent, reputable local house buyers and can make you a fast-fair all cash offer. Just fill out the form through this link to get started >>
- Calculate the value of selling your house fast vs. “waiting it out” for a dream price: We all want to sell our houses for as much as possible. But one thing many people forget to do is come up with the $ amount of how much it costs you to hold onto this house. The costs involved include the mortgage (which if you’re still within the first 10 years of the mortgage, the majority of your payment is interest and not principal), insurance, taxes, maintenance, closing costs, etc. Lets say you want to sell your house for $450,000… and your mortgage payment interest is $1,600/mo, taxes $200/mo, $100/mo for insurance, and $100/mo for maintenance (utilities, lawn maintenance, repairs while you’re gone, etc.).Those expenses add up to $2,000/mo in “non equity building” expenses. If it takes you 2 months to sell that house through the MLS, and 2 months for the new buyer to take possession, for that $450,000… it cost you $8,000 in DIRECT “holding costs” + you had to pay $17,500 +GST in real estate agent fees (assuming 7% on the first $100k and 3% on the balance split between the buyers agent and the sellers agent), plus closing costs at the lawyer. Totaling over $26,000 in SPENT money. For some, that doesn’t account for the value of time, stress in thinking about that property sitting on the market, the opportunity cost of what they could have been doing with that extra money during those months, etc. If you don’t have the time or the money to wait, then take a look at the option of selling the house NOW through an investor buyer vs. months later at full price (and paying holding costs and real estate agent fees).
- Take action!: Whatever you decide… decide and take action. If you want to go the real estate agent route, great! Our team includes licensed Calgary Alberta agents. If you’d rather not have to wait or cannot afford to pay real estate agent commissions… then a viable option may be to sell your house directly to us or one of our many investor buyers.
If you’ve got time on your side and a really great property, we can show you how to successfully sell your home for the best price through the MLS. Our strategies are tailored to get your home sold as quickly as possible.
Remember, most properties in Calgary are built by a handful of builders at a time and tend to be like the other houses around them. So unless your property is truly exceptional, as in magazine-quality extra-special, you generally don’t capture more money in the market by pricing higher than the closest comparables. Especially important if the home is vacant, as buyers assume that the property is costing you money to hold monthly and tend to make offers accordingly.
You can also win by marketing your property for rent and sale at the same time, just to see what happens first. You have to maintain control of the process. So make sure your real estate agent understands your situation and is willing to cooperate.
In certain situations, we may partner with property owners to help secure lease option agreements where highly qualified purchasers rent the property for an agreed time before buying.
We love helping people solve complicated problems.
Creative solutions can bridge the gap to get you where you need to be.
Who Is Calgary Home Sale And How Can We Help You If You’re Relocating And Need To Sell In Calgary?
We’re a group of licensed agent investors and investor clients. We support our families and beautify neighborhoods by buying and selling houses from Calgary home owners who need to sell fast for one reason or another.
The types of sellers who tend to work with us include people who…
- Need to sell fast (we can close in as little as 7 days if you need us to)
- May not be able to pay real estate agent fees
- Can’t sell their house for one reason or another (we buy houses in as-is condition)
- … or a variety of other reasons
But we’re passionate people, and we believe in the Calgary community.
We’re honest and straightforward.
If you NEED to sell today, we’ll quote you a fair price, and we can close fast with cash.
If you’re prepared to wait, our team can also help. If you can manage the sale of your property from a distance and are prepared for the potential costs, you can end up with more money in your pocket.
We’re happy to help you find answers to your toughest questions about your Calgary real estate, so please feel free to call us at 403-907-5031 and chat with us anytime.